2019 Toyota Highlander Reviews
The 2019 Toyota Highlander is a three-row SUV with plenty of cargo space and available all-wheel drive for your commutes and road trips around Lincolnton and Hickory. We think it’s a great fit for our neighbors, but you don’t have to take our word for it. Take a look at a few of the recent Highlander reviews to get a better idea of what sets it apart.
Toyota Highlander Standard Equipment Reviews
With Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P) standard on all models, it should come as no surprise that reviewers have praised the standard features of this family-friendly SUV.
- According to Kelley Blue Book, “keyless entry, a total of five USB ports, the Entune infotainment system with 6.1-inch touch screen,” and much more help this model’s baseline trim stand out.
- The experts at the U.S. News expressed similarly-positive findings, approving of this SUV’s simple and “straightforward infotainment system.” They also note that models feature an “appealing set of entertainment features and a generous amount of safety equipment.”
Toyota Highlander XLE Reviews
The third Highlander trim level comes in after the LE and LE Plus configurations. Those who know how to identify a great value have praised its relatively upscale interior, its unique technology features, and more.
- Those at Kelley Blue Book fell in love with the XLE, which offers a substantial array of interior upgrades, including a “leather interior, navigation, moonroof, power-adjustable passenger seat, the Easy Speak intercom system, and auto-dimming rearview mirror.”
- The writers at Edmunds.com had no trouble identifying their favorite trim, stating, “The XLE is our pick,” with “desirable extras, including blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert systems, leather upholstery, heated front seats, and keyless entry and ignition.”
Toyota Highlander In Snow Reviews
Although our neighbors in North Carolina may not encounter snow as often as drivers elsewhere, they certainly don’t want to be any less prepared for the worst. Available all-wheel drive, ample ground clearance, and available performance features give the Highlander an edge in almost any scenario.
- The “sure-footed and stable” Highlander had no trouble pleasing the reviewers at U.S. News.
- Kelley Blue Book thought that this SUV offered a “good steering feel, a good turning radius, and a comfortable yet controlled ride.” They also noted the “high seating position.”
- With 8-inch ground clearance that “exceeds that of most in the segment,” it’s no surprise that Edmunds.com thinks the Highlander should have no trouble in the snow: “all-wheel drive versions are available and include both hill descent control and an electronically lockable differential.”
Toyota Highlander Hybrid Reviews
With up to 30 mpg city/28 mpg highway*, the Toyota Highlander Hybrid offers best-in-class fuel economy for your Hickory drives. And with 306 hp, you’ll never feel held back if you choose the more efficient ride! Here’s what the experts have to say:
- According to U.S. News, the Highlander Hybrid is one of the top mid-size SUVs on the market. Their reviews compile results from across the industry, and they’ve praised its “strong powertrain,” “class-leading fuel economy,” and “upmarket cabin.” Like the standard Highlander, this hybrid deserves to be celebrated for offering “lots of standard safety features.”
- Edmunds.com keeps things short and sweet when they celebrate this crossover’s “quiet and compliant ride.” They also note that it offers “impressive fuel-economy for a three-row crossover.”
Trust Your Senses! Test Drive the Highlander at Toyota of Gastonia
Ultimately, we think you’ll choose the Highlander based on your experience behind the wheel. Compare the Highlander to the Nissan Pathfinder to learn more, or form your own opinion today by scheduling a test drive in any new Highlander for sale at Toyota of Gastonia.
More from Toyota of Gastonia
A water leak coming from your car usually is from condensation in the air conditioning system. When it’s activated, it can cause a small amount of water to form into puddles at the rear of the engine. If you’re finding water near your tailpipe, that’s usually condensation from the exhaust. It will go away after…
Variety and expert craftsmanship are two staples that you can expect at the Muddy River Distillery. The facility has already achieved local fame near Gastonia, Charlotte, and Lincolnton, thanks to the quality of their various drinks. Rum is their signature offering, and it comes in a number of variations and flavors. Visiting the distillery itself…
Whether you’re out in town shopping or looking for a place to meet up for a meal with friends, add The String Bean to the top of your list of spots to check out! Their menu, which features a range of options, has some amazing original and fresh creations you will enjoy while sitting outside…