Safety Highlights on the 2017 Toyota Highlander
If you’re in the market for a safe and secure large family crossover, you’ll want to bring home the 2017 Toyota Highlander from Toyota of Gastonia. Complete with a premium suite of advanced safety tech, a full suite of basic safety features, and top scores from the IIHS and NHTSA, this three-row SUV has it all! Explore it in person today in Gastonia, NC.
There’s no surer way to measure a vehicle’s safety than by examining the data collected by the two most respected third-party crash safety rating agencies in the industry. The 2017 Toyota Highlander passed each of its tests with flying colors, earning an overall score of five out of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the best overall score of Top Safety Pick+ from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Star Safety System™
The Toyota Highlander has been built from top to bottom with the traffic, terrain, and situational contingencies of everyday driving in mind. The Highlander’s Star Safety System™ gives you what you need to stay safe, secure, and sure-footed on the road, including:
- Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- Traction Control (TRAC)
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Smart Stop Technology® (SST)
Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)
Every trim level of the 2017 Toyota Highlander comes standard with a top-of-the-line integrated safety suite that uses a collection of sensors and cameras to help keep you aware of your surroundings and intervene when necessary in more difficult circumstances. This standard package includes:
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) – When you set your cruise control, this feature will be engaged, allowing you to leave your foot off the brake and gas by measuring the distance between the front of your car and the back of the car in front of you and automatically adjusting your speed accordingly.
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD) – This technology senses when a collision with a vehicle, object, or pedestrian is imminent, warns you to brake, and automatically applies the brakes if you fail to immediately do so.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA) – This feature detects if your vehicle is drifting out of its lane, warns you that a correction is needed, and automatically makes small corrective measures if you don’t.
- Automatic High Beams – You no longer have to worry about blinding the drivers around you when you have Automatic High Beams, which automatically turn on and off depending on whether other nearby vehicles are detected.
Keep Everyone Safe in the 2017 Toyota Highlander
Get on the road with confidence behind the wheel of the 2017 Toyota Highlander, available in the trim level of your choice at Toyota of Gastonia. We’re located at 4821 Wilkinson Blvd in Gastonia, NC, just a short drive from Mt. Holly and Shelby. You can also contact us for more info anytime at (877) 236-3157.