Frequently Asked Questions:
What is required to rent a vehicle?
- Minimum age is 21 years old (if under 24, a fee of $15 per day will apply).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Major credit or bank-issued debit card in the renter’s name (we do not accept cash or pre-paid cards). We only accept Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, and Discover cards.
- You must have active, full coverage car insurance that transfers to a rental vehicle. Proof of insurance is required to rent. Please bring your insurance card or declarations page with you or have it readily available on your phone.
Does Toyota of Gastonia require a deposit?
Yes, we take an authorization/deposit on your card at the time of pickup for the total rental charges PLUS $300 as a security deposit. The $300 security deposit is released once the vehicle is inspected by a rental representative and returned in the same condition as checkout. Most card companies release your funds back to your account within 24-72 hours; please contact your card provider should you have questions. If you are paying with a debit card, proof of address may be required.
Is smoking allowed in rental vehicles?
All of our vehicles are 100% smoke free. If the vehicle is found to have been smoked in, there may be a cleaning fee of up to $350 (plus damages, if any).
Can I transport my pet in a rental car?
To keep our vehicles in pristine condition for all our customers to enjoy, we do not allow pets in our rental vehicles. If the vehicle is found to have had an animal in it, there will be a cleaning fee of $350 (plus damages, if any).
Can I tow with a rental vehicle?
Yes! We allow towing with select rentals if the rental vehicle has our factory-installed hitch. Please see rental associate for details.
Can I leave my personal car parked at the dealership?
Yes, you may leave your personal vehicle at the dealership. (Toyota of Gastonia is not responsible for what happens to your vehicle. You can leave it at your own risk.)
- Underage drivers fee (21-23): $15 per day. Some restrictions apply.
- Additional driver(s): $10 per day, per driver. All additional drivers must be present at time of pickup with valid driver’s license and insurance information.
- Fuel options: Vehicles must be refueled to show a full tank of gas upon returning. If the vehicle is not full upon return, you will be charged accordingly. (Gas prices may differ. Please see associate for most current rates.)
Most toll plazas these days are using a bill method call “toll by plate”. This means that you don’t physically pay the toll when you drive through it, rather, you are billed via the license plate. These toll invoices will be mailed to Toyota of Gastonia, and then we will contact you, either by phone or email, to collect payment for corresponding charges that were incurred.
Please keep in mind that you are agreeing to pay all tolls/violations when you sign the rental agreement.
A Few Things To Keep In Mind
- Mileage allowed: This will be determined by length of rental. Please see rental representative for specific details.
- Vehicle cannot be taken outside the continental US.
- Rental contracts must be rewritten, in person, every 30 days to remain valid.
- All vehicles are covered under Toyota Warranty and include 24/7 Roadside Assistance.
- If you choose to extend rental, payment will be taken, in full, at the time of extension request. Additional days cannot be taken out of security deposit or paid upon return.