2017 Toyota RAV4 Safety Capabilities
If you’re in the market for a vehicle that’s widely recognized for focus on driver and passenger safety, you will want to seriously consider the 2017 Toyota RAV4. This five-passenger crossover SUV features available all-wheel drive and has earned top safety scores by the IIHS and NHTSA. The RAV4 comes standard with features like Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection and Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, as well as antilock brakes, Brake Assist, and Electronic Brake-force Distribution. Shelby drivers are encouraged to experience firsthand the array of safety features on offer with the new Toyota RAV4 by visiting Toyota of Gastonia today.
IIHS and NHTSA Safety Ratings
The 2017 Toyota RAV4 has earned top safety scores from both of the major independent crash safety test organizations:
- IIHS – Not surprisingly, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety found the Toyota RAV4 to be quite safe, giving it the best overall safety rating of Top Safety Pick+, which included the best score of “Good” in every major test, as well as the best score of “Superior” for front crash prevention.
- NHTSA – The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gave the RAV4 its best overall safety rating of five stars, including strong scores in every major category of the test.
Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TTS-P)
Toyota has paved the way for automotive safety with Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P), a large suite of driver assist safety features that use sensors, warnings, and mitigation features to make driving significantly safer. Here are the different features included:
- Auto High Beams – With this feature, your high beams will turn on and off automatically based on the presence of oncoming traffic.
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection – This system alerts you when a forward collision is about to occur, provides extra braking support, and applies full brake support if the driver doesn’t react in time.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control – This adaptive cruise control feature is able to read the distance between your car and the car in front of you and adjust your cruise control speed automatically to keep a safe following distance.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist – On relatively straight roads, this camera-based system is able to tell if your car is drifting out of its lane, warn you if it is, and make automatic steering corrections if drifting is occurring.
Star Safety System
This standard safety system includes a variety of added safety technologies, including Brake Assist, Electronic Brake-force Distribution, antilock brakes, stability control, and traction control.
Stay Secure By Driving Home in the 2017 Toyota RAV4
Are you ready for a family crossover SUV that’s been designed and equipped to keep all passengers safe, regardless of the circumstances? Every 2017 RAV4 comes generously equipped with all of the aforementioned safety equipment, and you can find the new RAV4 today at Toyota of Gastonia. We’re located at 4821 Wilkinson Boulevard in Gastonia, NC, just a short drive from Mt. Holly. Remember, too, you can always reach us online or by phone at (888) 852-8737 if you have any questions. We’re open every day of the week for your convenience!