Toyota 4Runner Performance Specs
If you’re looking for a genuine truck-based, body-on-frame SUV with an outstanding list of true off-road performance capabilities, the 2017 Toyota 4Runner should be at the top of your list. Available now to drivers all throughout Gastonia, NC, the new 4Runner comes offered with four-wheel drive, locking differentials, a Crawl Control (CRAWL) feature, and much more. Check out the various systems and specs here, and then take it for a test drive at Toyota of Gastonia.
Basic Performance Specs and Features
The 2017 Toyota 4Runner gets you off on the right foot with a confident powertrain and drivetrain setup:
- 4.0L V6 Engine – No matter which version of the Toyota 4Runner you choose, you’ll get this 4.0L V6 engine, which comes matched to a five-speed automatic transmission and sends out a confident 270 hp and 278 lb-ft of torque. That’s enough power for the 4Runner to tow up to 5,000 pounds. Rear-wheel drive models get an EPA-estimated 22 mpg highway and 17 mpg city, while four-wheel drive models get 21 mpg highway.
- Four-Wheel Drive – You’ll have two different four-wheel drive systems on offer on the 4Runner, including the SR5 and TRD Off-Road models’ part-time four-wheel drive system with Active Traction Control (A-TRAC) and the Limited trim’s full-time four-wheel drive system.
Off-Road Performance Capabilities
Between the TRD Off-Road, Limited, and TRD Pro trim levels, you’ll have access to a tremendous variety of outstanding off-road features:
- Increased Ground Clearance – The increased ground clearance on this model gives you an approach angle of 33 degrees and a departure angle of 26 degrees.
- Locking Rear Differential – The locking rear differential on this model gives you increased traction by controlling rotational speed of individual wheels.
- Torsen® Limited-Slip Center Differential – Opt for the Limited trim, and you’ll get this Torsen® limited-slip center differential with a locking feature.
- Multi-Terrain Select – Take your pick between four different drive modes to provide ideal traction in a variety of on- and off-road circumstances.
- Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System with Crawl Control – Working together, these systems are able to adjust automatically and increase traction on difficult surfaces while letting you maintain a predetermined speed.
Test Out the 2017 Toyota 4Runner’s Performance at Toyota of Gastonia
Are you ready to tackle tough terrain in a truck-based SUV with a proven reputation for performance? The 2017 Toyota 4Runner is on sale right now at Toyota of Gastonia, located at 4821 Wilkinson Blvd in Gastonia, NC, just a short drive from Shelby and Mt. Holly. Our dealership is open Monday through Saturday from Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Sunday from 1:00 – 6:00 p.m. Feel free to reach out to us with questions anytime online or by phone at (855) 889-9794.